What are bonds?
A bond is a debt security, similar to an IOU. Borrowers issue bonds to raise money from investors willing to lend them money for a certain amount of time.
Why buy bonds?
- They provide a predictable income stream. Typically, bonds pay interest twice a year.
- If the bonds are held to maturity, bondholders get back the entire principal, so bonds are a way to preserve capital while investing.
- Bonds dimish the risk and exposure compared to more volatile type of investments.
Type of Bonds we offer
Temporary Importation Bond
Covers only the duty payable to the Government of Belize on an imported item or vehicle. Imported item has to leave the country of Belize after six months or renew the Bond.
- Bid, Advance Payment & Retention Bond Holding Surety in the amount of the sum insured.
- Performance Bond Covers the works or project in the amount of the sum insured.
- Mine Quarry Bond Covers the works or project in the amount of the sum insured.
- Warehouse Bond Covers goods in the value of the sum insured, which the duty has not been paid, that are stored in a secure place. As the goods are released from the warehouse, the duties are paid accordingly.
- Export Bond Covers the insured for exportation of goods without paying taxes up to the sum insured. Used mostly by Custom Brokers and some Importers.
Want more information?
We can schedule a meeting with you and further discuss your bond of interest.